I recently published an article here that began with part of a GUARDIAN article about a scientist who was protesting the high cost of academic journals. I followed up with my commentary on the subject. As I was posting it I noticed something below my article:
You Might Be Interested In
- A 'Male Enhancement' Trick that May Actually Work - Add Inches!! (No, Really, Men Can Make It Longer) (Newsvine)
- Angry Ex-girlfriend Goes Ballistic, Rips Off Man's Scrotum (Newsvine)
- Woman breaks into home, tries to breast feed stranger's baby (Newsvine)
- Teen Kills Mom, Then Throws a Party (Newsvine)
- The Bad Politics of the Trayvon Martin Killing (Newsvine)
What in my article would make anyone think I was interested in that? I would start on my standard screed against keywords and algorithms except that nothing in my column could remotely be considered a keyword for anything related to the trash listed above. WTF?